15.2.11

There are no news steps, only new combinations

New York Fashion Week is in a full swing.
Over 35 collection have been shown so far and there are more to be seen. As always, I would much rather be in NYC at the moment to experience Fashion Week crazy days first hand instead of watching the shows online. I should seriously consider new job with more flexible working hours. For now, I am grateful for Vogue website.

Derek Lam's show opened with a quote from George Balanchine " There are no new steps, only new combinations". This is a quintesence for AW 2011 NY shows. Nothing that we haven't already see, but maybe mix and conbinations will lure us. For the moment I am lusting over Diane von Fustenberg and Derek Lam. Diane for the color palette, Derek for the cut.


Derek Lam AW2011
Derek Lam AW2011

Diane von Fustenberg AW2011
Diane von Fustenberg AW2011

Also, Victoria Beckham.  Great proof that determination will get you everywhere you want. Please notice great cut of the first coat!

Victoria Beckham AW2011

Victoria Beckham AW2011
I was really waiting for Marc Jacobs, but that turned out to be a little disapointment. I am not a fan of polka dots, no matter in what color or size they come. I come to think that maybe I am getting really conservative with age. Or maybe I just need some minimalism and pieces that are ready to wear and simple at the moment.
More from New York Fashion week to come.

Pictures: vouge, pudelek

No comments:

Post a Comment