13.12.10

Diamonds are the girls best friend

Grand Palais in Paris holds exposition celebrating 125 years of italian jewelery brand Bulgari.

I saw it last weekend and came back mesmerized and in love with Bulgari designs. Also, new passion was found - jewelery design. Hard to believe it but I found it even more endearing that fashion design.
Imagine you have this perferc diamond in front of you, this perfect gift of nature and you need to be creative and delicate at the same time not to ruin it's beauty. I find this very inspiring and I belive jewelery designers are true artists, masters in their world.

Exposition itself is well ogranized leading visitor through the trur Bulgari story that began in 19th century in Grece. We learn the family history alongside with jewelery styles and fashion that changed over the years. I became particulary fond of 20s and 30s period with perfect diamonds and old school designs. I also admired use of new stones such as turqouise or white porcelaine.Of course there is also whole chapter devoted to Elizabeth Taylor, probably most famous Bulgari fan. My goodness, the women was blessed not only with beauty, talent and inteligence but also with some jaw dropping rocks.


Turqouise, diamonds,gold ring

Diamond broch



Trombino diamond+white gold ring

Nature inspired,sneak watch in gold

E.Taylor emeraud + diamond neckles


I wouldn't mind some Bulgari for Christmas this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment