14.1.11

Little structure won't hurt

Welcome to a new Daily Style Mix feature - New talents. I wanted to introduce new column to this blog a long time ago but couldn't figure out what it could be. Today it came to me: new talents. I am well aware that I won't be a reference in the subject as Vogue is, but I believe that new talents, new designers are the great topic and great inspiration. And since there are so many of them, with so many different styles and visions we will never get bored.

First in the line is David Koma.

David Koma
Recent graduate of Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design would like to become an artistic directore for Thierry Mugler. Watching David Koma designs, Mugler esthetics  seem to be the source of reference and inspiration. His presenting sculptural, body con dresses and sometimes heavy embellished dresses. His 2010 collections embodied rather strong, powerful and self confident woman and I must say I love those statement designs.The 2011 eleven collection - shown below - is more soft, more feminine and delicate. Still the key words for this designer are: structure, close to body, sexy in not obvious way.


SS 2011 David Koma
SS 2011 David Koma

SS 2010 David Koma
How do you like it? Will we be hearing more about David Koma next season?
I belive so..

More on David Koma website

No comments:

Post a Comment